Solid Gold is one of the precious metals that will not oxidize or discolor, since it is the least reactive metal. The 14k alloy gives our pieces their beautiful, subtle hue. It is also active lifestyle’s best friend, as it scratches less, does not bend or wear out as easily as 18k.
- Everything deserves some loving, even something as strong as Gold. To maintain its beauty, scrub lightly with a toothbrush and warm water.
925 Sterling Silver is an alloy made of 92.5% pure Silver and 7.5% Copper. We plate our Silver jewelry in Rhodium, which gives it extra shine and durability. Rhodium is one of the costliest precious metals due to its rarity.
- H2O sensitive. Avoid water when wearing your piece because over time the Sterling Silver will oxidize.
- You+Sterling Silver = Forever. The oils in your skin help keep Silver from oxidizing faster. So, wear often. Keep your piece in a ziploc bag or in your Mejuri pouch to keep oxygen at bay.
How do you pronounce that!? We've got you: Ver - May. Not to be confused with regular gold plating. Vermeil is a much thicker layer of Gold which gives the pieces their long lasting color. For a piece to be considered Vermeil, the Gold must be a minimum of 10k and 1.5 microns. We use 18k Gold layered on Sterling Silver.
- Sweat and water, no thank you. Before exercising or showering, remove your Vermeil jewelry. Clean your piece by buffing gently with a dry cloth and store it in your pouch.
Here, we call diamonds superwomen. Diamonds are one of the hardest natural substance found on earth. Our high quality diamonds (SI 1-2 clarity) are ethically sourced from our suppliers who follow conflict free and socially responsible practices.
- Even diamonds have their kryptonite. They may be the hardest natural substance but can still suffer from chips & small fractures from sharp blows! Use warm soapy liquid and a toothbrush, rinsing the stone and setting afterwards to ensure there is no residue.
All of our gemstones are genuine mineral stones that are highly valued for their beauty, longevity, and rarity. We use an array of precious and semi-precious stones, from Sapphires (AAA Quality) to Citrine. These are either Cabochon stones which are cut like smooth domes or faceted stones which are the flat faces on geometric shapes.
- Gemstones are not fans of water or chemicals. Also, prolonged exposure to sunlight may cause certain gemstones to become paler. We’re working on a sunscreen.
We use cultured or farmed pearls from oysters and freshwater mussels that we carefully select for our pieces. Pearls are sensitive in nature, so don’t forget to treat them with love.
- Make sure they are the last thing you put on before going out and the first thing you take off when you come home. Avoid direct contact with chemicals found in perfume or other cosmetics.