Solid gold is a precious metal that will not oxidize or discolor since it is the least reactive metal. The 14k alloy gives our pieces their beautiful, subtle hue. It is also an active lifestyle’s best friend; it scratches less and doesn’t bend or wear out as easily as 18k.
- Even something as strong as 14k solid gold deserves some loving. To maintain its beauty, scrub lightly with a toothbrush and warm water.
925 Sterling Silver is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. We plate our silver jewelry in rhodium, which gives it extra shine and durability. Rhodium is one of the costliest precious metals due to its rarity.
- H2O sensitive. Avoid water when wearing your piece, because over time the sterling silver will oxidize.
- However, the oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster. So, wear often, and keep your piece in your Mejuri pouch to keep oxygen at bay.
How do you pronounce that!? We've got you: ver - may. Not to be confused with regular gold plating, gold vermeil is a much thicker layer of gold which gives the pieces their long-lasting color. We use 18k gold that is a minimum of 2.5 microns thick layered over sterling silver.
- Sweat and water, no thank you. Before exercising or showering, remove your vermeil jewelry. Clean your piece by buffing gently with a dry cloth and store it in your pouch.
Here, we call diamonds superwomen. Diamonds are one of the hardest natural substances found on earth. Our high-quality diamonds (SI 1-2 clarity) are ethically sourced from our suppliers who follow conflict-free and socially responsible practices.
- Even diamonds have their kryptonite. They may be the hardest natural substance but can still suffer from chips & small fractures from sharp blows. Use warm soapy liquid and a toothbrush, rinsing the stone and setting afterward to ensure there is no residue.
All of our gemstones are genuine mineral stones, highly valued for their beauty, longevity, and rarity. We use an array of precious and semi-precious stones, from sapphires (AAA Quality) to citrine. These are either cabochon stones that are cut like smooth domes or faceted stones which are the flat faces on geometric shapes.
- To keep gemstones clean and shiny, use warm soapy water and a soft brush. Avoid chemicals or excessive temperatures when cleaning.
We use cultured pearls from oysters and freshwater mussels that we carefully select for our pieces. Pearls are sensitive in nature, so don’t forget to treat them with love.
- Make sure they are the last thing you put on before going out and the first thing you take off when you come home. Avoid direct contact with chemicals found in perfume or other cosmetics.